With the feel of an artist’s smock, the Brush duster holds a secret or two.
Please note: Garnet color shown is sold out. New denim blue duck is available as shown.
Currently shipping within the US only. Regular orders for in-stock items within the US ship FREE within 3 days of ordering via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, without insurance. Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates and cannot be responsible for damaged or lost packages.
Many, though not all, items are available for immediate shipment. Inquire as to those that may be immediately available, or the status of your order, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items that are not in stock will be made and shipped within 3 weeks of ordering. Once you place your order, we will be in touch with an approximate shipping schedule. If waiting for an item to be made is not an option for you, you may cancel your order at any time once we notify you.
- Full bell sleeves turn back to reveal second, inner sleeves of delicate voile that brush the wrist lightly and are individually hand-painted with black ink
- Two large front pockets, one with a special narrow slot for a handmade paintbrush, crafted by master calligraphy brush maker Ying Zhou from Maine driftwood and Maine’s Springtide Farm’s organic cashmere goat hair
- Delicate shawl collar
- Open front with smoke-black mother-of-pearl button, slight curve in at the waist, French seams Length at or just below the knee
- 10% of your Brush purchase benefits the National Museum of Women in the Arts in Washington, D.C., and, locally, The Indigo Arts Alliance for artists of African descent in Portland, Maine
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
55% hemp, 45% organic cotton with
100% organic cotton voile sleeve insets.
Denim blue version:
55% recycled hemp, 45% organic cotton duck
with 100% organic cotton voile sleeve insets.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or
green dry clean. Do not bleach.
Painted sleeves: iron low heat, wrong side.
Nadine, with the bowl of ink and painting, is 5’10” and is wearing size XL.
Luke, tossing paper, is 5’11” and is wearing size M.
Joanne, in the garnet, with the ink blots, is 6’ and is wearing size M.
Ellery, pointing the paintbrush, is 5’5” and is wearing size M.
View Sizing Chart