While an Ex Libris (“from the library of”) bookplate names a book’s owner for its easy return, In Libris illuminates the books that dwell inside of us, those being written as we live and those we long to read ourselves in. As W.H. Auden said, “A real book is not one that we read, but one that reads us.”
Currently shipping within the US only. Regular orders for in-stock items within the US ship FREE within 3 days of ordering via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, without insurance. Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates and cannot be responsible for damaged or lost packages.
Many, though not all, items are available for immediate shipment. Inquire as to those that may be immediately available, or the status of your order, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items that are not in stock will be made and shipped within 3 weeks of ordering. Once you place your order, we will be in touch with an approximate shipping schedule. If waiting for an item to be made is not an option for you, you may cancel your order at any time once we notify you.
- A tunic to be dressed up or down, worn alone or over a T-shirt, blouse or long-sleeved shirt, belted or not, In Libris is changeable by mood (and perfect for reading!)
- Gusseted front pocket houses a square handmade cloth book with a linen cover and 8 blank sateen pages. Add your writing, drawing, stitching, and/or enclosures, perhaps a list of favorite or must-get-to book titles, inspired by a poem about reading
- Delicate shawl collar, off-center flat-felled vertical front seam to a slit at the hem, loose fit
- Two side-seam pockets; French seams
- 10% of your In Libris purchase benefits access to education, literacy and creative writing: Michelle Obama’s Girls Opportunity Alliance nationally and, locally, The Telling Room in Portland, Maine
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
100% midweight Irish linen tunic
with handmade book; 100% Irish linen cover
and 100% organic cotton sateen pages,
hand-bound and hand-stamped.
Please remove book before laundering.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or
green dry clean. Do not bleach.
May shrink slightly. Iron low heat.