Body Story 2
The poem Body Story lays claim to every body’s right: the space to unfold, expand and live out every particle of glorious light originating within.
By virtue of its construction of carefully-measured squares arrayed in a particular geometric pattern, Body Story celebrates the blueprint believed by the ancients to be contained within us and all organisms (plant, rock, animal, human)—a harmonious design of growth and expansion adhering to a universal mathematical proportion. I hope that wearing this sacred geometry might offer a sense of the golden perfection within each unique life, a story lived in the telling, incrementally, as it spirals outward. At the same time, the story spirals inward as memory, stored to be recalled and retold, ever-present and whole.
Currently shipping within the US only. Regular orders for in-stock items within the US ship FREE within 3 days of ordering via USPS Priority Mail with tracking, without insurance. Please note that we cannot guarantee delivery dates and cannot be responsible for damaged or lost packages.
Many, though not all, items are available for immediate shipment. Inquire as to those that may be immediately available, or the status of your order, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items that are not in stock will be made and shipped within 3 weeks of ordering. Once you place your order, we will be in touch with an approximate shipping schedule. If waiting for an item to be made is not an option for you, you may cancel your order at any time once we notify you.
- A top constructed according to the Fibonacci series of numbers, where the squares measure 1”, 1”, 2”, 3”, 5”, 8”, 13”, and 21”. Each number is arrived at by adding together the two numbers preceding it.
- The proportion resulting when each number is divided by the one preceding it is roughly the same number, 1.6, which is known as the Golden Mean or Golden Ratio. Body Story, poem and garment, is a celebration of this sacred geometry, common in all of nature. (For more on this, start here)
- Hand-embroidered red French knots illustrate the poem’s “particles of inborn light.” Beginning at the little “x” on the front of the garment, the knots connect diagonally across each square, progressing by size in a spiral outward. From the last knot on the front, the connection travels over the right shoulder and across the back to finish at the “x” at the far corner of the 21” square. Also available without the embroidery
- Hexagonal neck opening, a geometry that is cohesive and balanced (like honeycomb, for example), with a symbolism of harmony and life
- Wider, boxy fit
- Available in black or ivory heavyweight stretch jersey, with optional French knots in black, red or ivory thread
- 10% of your Body Story purchase benefits StoryCorps nationally and, locally, Good Shepherd Food Bank of Maine
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
53% hemp, 43% organic cotton,
4% spandex heavyweight jersey.
Cotton embroidery floss.
Gentle cold wash, tumble dry low.
Do not bleach. Iron low heat if needed.