“Love is born into every human being,” Aristophanes says in Plato’s The Symposium. “It calls back the halves of our original nature together; it tries to make one out of two…”
Welcome! Right now, all items are shipping within 3-4 weeks of ordering so that we may reach required minimums and craft our supply responsibly. Once you place your order, we will be in touch with an approximate shipping schedule.
Some items are available for immediate shipment. Inquire as to those that may be immediately available, or the status of your order, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Partway down the spine of Half-light, the two back panels open like a curtain to reveal a hand-painted figure and its shadow, evoking the poem’s words: “While I project my shadow, my skin on your skin…”
- Blouse shape is a slight A-line with reverse bottom and sleeve hems
- Small slit at sleeve edge
- Diminutive stand-up collar; keyhole opening at back with fabric loop and smoke-black mother-of-pearl button closure
- Available in black or white, both with white painted panel
- French seams
- 10% of your Half-light purchase benefits Venture Out regionally and, locally, Out Maine. Both organizations support queer youths and adults
- Includes a card imprinted with the poem
100% midweight Irish linen with hand-painted
100% midweight Irish linen panel.
Delicate cold wash and hang dry, or
green dry clean. Do not bleach.
May shrink slightly.
Painted panel: iron wrong side, low heat.
Ellery, in white at the paper curtain, is 5’5” and is wearing size S.
Nadine, in black, is 5’10” and is wearing size XL.
Lindsey, in black with hoop earrings, is 5’4” and is wearing size S.
View Sizing Chart